Geofencing for Relay works by having your Relay ping our servers every 10 minutes to report whether or not it has entered or left a Geofenced area.
If a Relay finds itself within the boundaries of a Geofenced area when it pings our servers, then a notification will be sent to app users indicating that a Relay has entered the area. If the Relay pings our servers and the location provided is no longer within that Geofenced area, then the app user will receive a notification indicating that the Relay has left that area.
You are able to adjust the frequency at which a Relay will wake up to report whether it has entered or exited a Geofenced area from every 10 minutes, to every 5 minutes, providing you with more timely notifications
Warning!: Enabling this feature can cause the battery life of your Relay to drop by 10% and can only be done by an accounty Owner.
How To Adjust the Frequency
This ability is only accessible to Account Owners or Account Admins on the account.
- Open the Relay app and select the Location tab at the bottom of the screen
- Near the bottom of the screen, tap on the Relay icon that matches the Relay in question that you wish to adjust the frequency for
- In the pop-up menu, you'll see the option to toggle High Frequency Location Updates
4. Toggle the switch to the right of High Frequency Location Updates to the right to adjust the frequency at which the Relay pings our servers for Geofencing to every 5 minutes instead of every 10.
5. Toggle the switch back to the left to adjust the frequency back to 10 minutes.
There you have it! You have now learned how to adjust the frequency at which a Relay will ping our servers to provide an update on it's location.
*This feature only affects Geofencing, it does not affect updates for normal location tracking