Estimated time to set up and test: 5 minutes
It’s always great to know that your child can reach you should they ever be in an emergency situation. For added peace of mind when you’re away from your child, we’ve created an SOS feature which you can enable with the steps below!
How to enable SOS?
- Open the Relay app
- Tap on the Relay under Direct Chats
- Tap on the Settings tab
- Tap on the toggle to the right of Relay SOS (The toggle will be Green when enabled)
- Tap on Enable in the pop-up that appears
How to send an SOS alert?
- Quickly press the Talk button 5 times (the Relay will announce “Hold the Talk button to send an SOS”)
- Hold the Talk button down (the Relay will announce “Creating SOS. Now on Everyone. SOS active”)
Note: When the SOS feature has been activated, the Relay will pulse a red LED ring around the Talk button.
Once the SOS Alert has been sent, the Relay app users will receive a notification with a custom notification sound just for the SOS alert, and an email will be sent to the account owner's email address.
Note: On Android devices running an operating system of 7.0 Nougat or below, the SOS tone will be a standard notification tone. On operating systems of 8.0 Oreo or higher, the SOS alert sound will be an alarm/alert tone.
How to resolve an SOS Alert in the Relay app
- Tap on the "RESOLVE" button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- You will receive a notification that the SOS has been resolved.
- SOS alerts can only be resolved from within the Relay App.
- Location has to be enabled on the Relay for the Relay SOS feature to work; if location is disabled, the SOS feature will become disabled as well.
- Relay SOS enables Relay devices to urgently get in touch with parents or caregivers.
- Initiating SOS will override Do Not Disturb mode
- Once enabled, rapidly click the Talk button 5 times, then hold for 1 second to confirm.
- A high priority notification will be sent to all Relay apps on the account.
- The SOS-sending Relay device is “locked” to the “Everyone” channel and sends location updates every 60 seconds.
- When everyone is safe, “Resolve” the SOS from the Relay app.
- After sending the SOS alert, the Relay will switch to the Everyone chat channel and stay there for instant communication; it will not be able to change channels until the SOS alert is resolved.
- You can open the Relay app and see an orange banner at the bottom for the SOS alert, allowing you to tap on the location icon and see the Relay’s current location as well as Resolve the SOS.
See other common articles that people are viewing
- How to set up GPS and Geofencing
- How to Send My First Message
- How to Use and Enable "Do Not Disturb" mode
- How to Add and Remove App Users on your Relay account
- Overview of Buttons and LED Lights
- Additional Features and Channels