Estimated time to set up: 4 minutes
How to enable GPS tracking for each Relay?
- Open the Relay App.
- Under Direct Chats, tap on a Relay device icon.
- Tap on the Settings tab at the top of the screen.
- When the list of settings appears, tap on the toggle to the right of Location.
- Review the Privacy Notice and tap OK to accept (the toggle should turn green when enabled).
- Tap on the Relay device icon at the top of the screen to dismiss the list of settings.
(Only account owners can enable GPS tracking)
How to use GPS tracking?
- On the same page, tap on the Location icon, located at the bottom of the screen, to the left of the Microphone icon, in the Menu bar.
- On the next screen, you will see a bar listing an option for all devices and the different group chats on your account.
- To view a specific Relay's location, you can search for the Relay by selecting the magnifying glass icon or by selecting the Relay from "All Devices."
- Note: Relays do not update in real time. Locations need to be requested for it to populate. The location will be where the Relay is currently located.
- To see a satellite view, simply tap on the map icon at the top right.
- To have directions be provided in order to find the Relay, tap on the Pin icon at the top right
What is Geofencing?
Geofencing allows an account owner to set up notifications, so that when a device enters (or exits) the boundaries created by the account owner, an alert is then initiated to all app users associated with the account. The account owner has the ability to create geofences anywhere from 50 meters to 200 meters!
How to create a Geofence?
Before starting, make sure Location is enabled (see steps above).
- On the home screen, go to the settings at the bottom right side of the screen
- Under the location subheading, tap on the Geofences option.
- Tap on Add a new Geofence
- On the following screen, you can either search for an address to place the geofence or manuever the map to position the location pin over the desired location for the geofence
- Select the Radius range (50m-200m)
- Tap on Save new Geofence
- Type in a name for the Geofence
- Tap Save when you're finished
Note: The Geofence you create will be also be created for all Relays listed on the account (Only account owners can create or edit Geofences).
How to view Geofencing History?
This allows you to see the history of when a Relay entered and exited geofenced locations.
- On the home screen, tap on the location icon, located next to the home icon on the menu bar
- Select a Relay from All devices or by searching the Relay's name
- On the menu that appears tap on the tab titled Geofence History to view time and date when your Relay entered/exited specific Geofenced areas.
Note: Account owners have the option to adjust the location update frequency to every 5 minutes by toggling the slider to the right. Click here for more info.
- By default, 100 meters is automatically selected.
- Notifications will be sent to all devices on the account logged into the Relay App (Virtual Relays).
- Once a Relay enters a Geofenced area the map will not show exactly where in the boundary the Relay is located.
- The pin will always be in the center of the radius circle.
- There can be up to a 10 minute delay from when the Relay enters (or exits) the boundary to when an app user will receive a notification.
- To remove a geofence, tap on the magenta icon with a trash can.
- If you create a radius that overlaps another geofence, it will fail to create geofence and ask for you to try again.
Yay! You're on your way to keeping your kid safe!
See other common articles that people are viewing
- How to Send My First Message
- How to enable and test SOS emergency alerts
- How to Use and Enable "Do Not Disturb" mode
- How to Add and Remove App Users on your Relay account
- Overview of Buttons and LED Lights
- Additional Features and Channels