Estimated time to read: 2 minutes
Want your kid to be able to get in touch with Grandma and Grandpa?
How about Uncle Jim and Aunt Tracy?
As an account Owner or Admin, you can add multiple app users to your account.
Note: Account Users are relegated to communication and viewing location information. Users do not have the ability to manage or edit settings for the Relay or the account.See Roles within the Relay App for more details.
ADDING AN APP USER
- On the Relay app's home screen, tap on the plus sign (+) under Direct Chats
- A popup menu will appear with the option to Add a User or Activate a Relay. Select the option to Add a User
3. On the following screen you'll have the option to set the permission level for the individual you are inviting to your account.
- Account User - Allows the individual access to only communication and location tracking on the account. They will be unable to change or manage any aspect of the Relay or the account other than their own profile.
- Account Admin - Grants the individual with the same access and controls as the Account Owner, minus the ability to cancel the account or edit billing information.
4. Once you've filled in the required fields and tapped Invite User, you'll receive a confirmation banner near the bottom of the form.
5. Your home screen along with the home screen of others will now show the kids' Relay icons and "Grandma's" virtual Relay (smartphone icon).
Once an invite has been sent to an individual, they'll need to follow the steps for accepting the invite.
If you'd like for your kids to be able to get a hold of 2 or more app users at the same time (eg. "Grandma" and Grandpa") without contacting everyone on the account (Everyone Group Chat), you will need to create a Group Chat.
REMOVING AN APP USER THAT WAS INVITED TO YOUR ACCOUNT
This ability is accessible to Account Owners and individuals with Account Admin access.
- Open the Relay App to begin!
- Under Direct Chats, tap on the Virtual Relay you would like to remove
- Tap on Settings tab in the upper right
- Tap on Remove Device
- Their login will be deleted and they will no longer be able to communicate with the Relay unless they were re-invited
See other common articles that people are viewing