Wondering what the buttons and lights mean on your Relay?
Let's take a look!
1. Talk button
- Press and hold to talk.
- Press five times to activate an SOS alert.
- Quick press to check the battery life of the device.
2. Power button
- Press and hold to power on/off the device.
- Quick press to cycle through the chats and enabled channels on the device.
- Press once to play any missed messages.
3. Volume/Assistant button
- Quick press to increase the volume. The LED light will show the current volume level in a circular pattern.
- Press and hold to use Relay Assistant.
The LED ring tells you information about your Relay.
- Activating: Circling rainbow light.
- Volume: White light shows current volume level when using volume button.
- Talking: Solid white light.
- Missed messages: Flashing green light.
- Battery life: Quick press the talk button. The partial light represents the battery percentage.
- Battery life less than 20%: Flashing red light
- Charging: Solid green light (powered on); solid red light (powered off).
Chats & Channels
- These one-on-one chats are automatically set up for everyone on your account. Whether you use a Relay device or the app, you’ll be able to talk to all other Relays and apps on your account via Direct Chats.
- If both users are in the same Direct Chat, messages will be played aloud in real-time. If both users are not active on the same Direct Chat when a message is sent, the message will be saved as a Missed Message.
- You can leave Missed Messages for any Direct Chat, whether you are using a Relay device or the smartphone app.
- Chats that include multiple users (can include those on any account).
- Everyone group chat includes every user on your account (Relay devices and Relay apps).
- Everyone group chat is the only chat that will “force switch” each user on the account onto that group chat when used - this ensures real-time communication.
- Fun features that can be enabled for your Relay device within the Relay app.
- If you have multiple Relay devices, you can enable different sets of channels on each device for a custom experience.
Click here to learn more about Chats and Channels.
GPS location tracking
- See current and past location information for each Relay device.
- Receive alerts when someone on your account enters or leaves designated locations.
SOS emergency feature
- Relay is able to send an emergency alert to the Relay app by pressing the talk button five times and following the on-device instructions.
Press and hold the volume button to use voice commands to help navigate your Relay device.
- “John” to take you to the direct chat with John.
- “Everyone” to take you to the Everyone group chat.
- “Translate” to take you to the enabled translate channel.
- “Weather” to hear the forecast for your location.
**You can use this feature in place of pressing the power button to manually cycle through your chats and enabled channels.**
Click here to learn more about Relay assistant and voice commands.
Chats & Channels
- Communicate with other Relays on the account.
- See location information for each Relay device on the account.
- Manage the Relay device settings.
- Check battery level of Relay devices.
- Check and update software for Relay devices on the account.
Click here to learn more about the Relay app.
Still have questions? Ask Support!
Need help with your Relay?
Chat with our support agents online or within your Relay app once you've created an account.
In the App, tap on the question mark in the upper right corner of the screen. Or, sign in here using an internet browser.
- Once signed in, a widget will appear with a friendly greeting. Here's where you can begin a conversation with us.
- Our widget will also contain information such as 'System Status', Helpful Articles, and more!