Estimated time to read: 3 minutes
"Do Not Disturb" mode grants the ability for both Relay device users and Account Owners and Admins to put the Relay in a state where unwanted audio cues, messages, and accidental button presses will no longer be a concern.
Enabling and Disabling Do Not Disturb mode from the app:
When logged in as the account owner, you can switch the Relay in and out of Do Not Disturb mode remotely from the app as long as the Relay is online.
- Open the Relay app and select the Direct Chat for your Relay
- From the in-app controls at the top of the screen tap on "Do Not Disturb is disabled" to enable the feature
- To disable the feature, simply tap on same button again which would show as "Do Not Disturb is enabled" when the feature is enabled
Note: When enabled, Do Not Disturb will appear under the name of the Direct Chat along with an orange dot to alert you of the Relays current state, as seen in the picture above. While in this state, app users will NOT receive message notifications when the Relay user is attempting to contact them. Account Users will not have access to this feature.
Enabling and Disabling Do Not Disturb mode from the Relay device:
A Relay device user can also engage and disengage Do Not Disturb mode on their own, independent of the app.
To enter or exit Do Not Disturb mode, the Relay user would need to press both the Power and Volume buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds. Immediately afterward, the LED ring will flash white twice, and a voice prompt will indicate that the Relay has engaged or disengaged Do Not Disturb mode.
Note: The Relay user can still enter or exit Do Not Disturb mode even if the Relay is offline. App users are unable to remotely switch the Relay in and out of Do Not Disturb mode if it is offline.
More about the Relay in-app controls can be found here.
In this state
- Only Account Owners or Admins will be able to access this feature in the app.
- Location tracking and geofencing notifications are still available to the app user as long as the Relay has a connection.
- All normal button presses on the Relay will be unresponsive, messages cannot be sent from the Relay, and messages will not play out loud on the Relay.
- Direct Chats sent to the Relay will be saved as Missed Messages (flashing green LED) and can be accessed once the Relay exits Do Not Disturb mode.
- Contacting the Relay from Group Chats (i.e. Everyone Group Chat) will result in the message not being received or saved as Missed Message.
- Using the Ring My Relay feature will result in the Relay vibrating but not audio would be played.
- SOS can still be initiated from the Relay.
See other common articles that people are viewing
- How to set up GPS and Geofencing
- How to Send My First Message
- Overview of Buttons and LED Lights
- How to enable and test SOS emergency alerts
- How to Add and Remove App Users from your Relay Account
- Additional Features and Channels