Powered by 4G LTE + WiFi
Relay is designed to keep communication in mind! To ensure you stay connected to family and friends, Relay uses both WiFi and Cellular Data coverage.
What You Should Know:
- Relay is partnered with the top carriers nationwide to provide our customers with the best service in their area!
- If you don’t get good coverage from a particular carrier where you are, the same would be true with Relay. Our partnerships with multiple carriers allow us to provide you with a service that fits your needs and keeps you connected.
- If you hear the message “Your device is not connected to the Relay server” or "Your Relay is offline," this may mean that you are not in an area that gets good cell coverage on the network that came with your Relay.
- Simply reach out to a member of our support team by starting a conversation in your Relay App by tapping the question mark in the upper right corner of the screen or visiting Relaygo.com/contact-us to start a conversation.
- Our Support team member will look into coverage options in your area and provide you with the best network solution for you.
- Cell data coverage can be obstructed in many ways, such as indoors, due to the building materials blocking any signals from coming through. For areas that have little to no coverage, WiFi may be a good alternative option to help you stay connected.
Curious to know how it works? Each Relay comes with a pre-installed SIM card. This is then used to send your audio message to another Relay device.
FYI: SIM cards allow for the devices to communicate via cell towers nationwide, just like how your phone can send/receive messages and make phone calls!
Path of a Relay Message Example:
'Mom' is sending a message to 'Joshua'
- Voice message is sent from Mom's Relay.
- Voice message establishes connection with the nearest cell tower.
- Voice message data communicates with the server, which routes that information to the nearest cell tower to Joshua's Relay
- Joshua then receives and plays the voice message on their Relay device!
Still have questions? Ask Support!
Need help with your Relay?
Chat with our support agents online or within your Relay app once you've created an account.
In the App, tap on the question mark in the upper right corner of the screen. Or, sign in here using an internet browser.
- Once signed in, a widget will appear with a friendly greeting. Here's where you can begin a conversation with us.
- Our widget will also contain information such as 'System Status', Helpful Articles, and more!