Performing a Factory Reset can help to restore the Relay back to the default settings, and potentially fix any issues you may be experiencing by clearing any unexpected software issues.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume buttons at the same time
- While holding the Power and Volume buttons down, press and hold the Talk button. (don't wait too long to press or it will power off). During this step, you may hear “This device is now locked..” continue to hold all three buttons!
- Once you hear "Continue holding the buttons to Factory Reset the device…” and feel the Relay vibrate, you may release the buttons!
Once the reset is successful/complete, the Relay will reboot and prompt you to activate your Relay; you will NOT be charged.
After the reset, if the Relay does not state "Your Relay is not activated....", the factory reset was NOT completed/unsuccessful. Please REPEAT the above steps.
- Factory resetting a Relay will NOT remove the latest device version; however, it will remove any music that has been stored onto the device.
Still have questions? Ask Support!
Need help with your Relay?
Chat with our support agents online or within your Relay app once you've created an account.
In the App, tap on the question mark in the upper right corner of the screen. Or, sign in here using an internet browser.
- Once signed in, a widget will appear with a friendly greeting. Here's where you can begin a conversation with us.
- Our widget will also contain information such as 'System Status', Helpful Articles, and more!
Drop a line. Email us anytime!
Can't sign in? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get help and answers from our support agents.