Before we begin, let’s enable location tracking:
Enabling Location Tracking is only accessible to Owners or Admins on the account. Account Users wil not be able to enable Location Tracking but can view and make use of the feature once it's enabled.
- Open the Relay App
- Under the Direct Chat list, tap on the Relay device
- Tap on the Settings tab at the top of the screen
- On the Relay device settings, tap on the toggle to the right of Location
- Review the Privacy Notice and tap OK to accept
(The toggle should turn green when enabled.)
Now, let’s learn how to Track a Relay’s location:
- On the same page, tap on the Location icon, located at the bottom of the screen, to the left of the Microphone icon, in the Menu bar
- Find the Relay you'd like to track by selecting it from the All Devices tab or by searching for the Relay's name by selecting the magnifying glass
- To get updates as the Relay moves, tap the Refresh icon
(Note: Relays do not update in real-time; however, you can also get an updated address every 60 seconds while viewing the individual Relay's Location History tab.)
- To get directions to find the Relay, tap on the Map icon to the right of a reported address
- For a satellite view of your Relay's location, tap on the Satellite/Image icon in the top-right corner
Did you misplace your Relay?
The Ring My Relay feature will help you locate your Relay and have it play an audible ring to help you find it. You can learn more about the Find My Relay feature here: How to Use the "Ring My Relay" Feature.
- You can also create boundaries for your Relay and be notified when it enters (exits) certain locations by creating a Geofenced area, which you can learn more about here: How to Enable Geofencing for Relay.
- There are many ways to Track Location within the Relay app, you’ll even find more helpful information by learning more here: Navigating the Relay app!