Before we begin, let’s enable location tracking:
- Open the Relay App.
- Under the Direct Chat list, tap on the Relay device.
- Tap on the Settings tab at the top of the screen.
- On the Relay device settings, tap on the toggle to the right of Location.
- Review the Privacy Notice and tap OK to accept.
(The toggle should turn green when enabled.)
Now, let’s learn how to Track a Relay’s location:
- On the same page, tap on the Location icon, located at the bottom of the screen, to the left of the Microphone icon, in the Menu bar.
- If you have multiple Relays, tap on the Relay device icon you wish to view the location for.
- To get updates as the Relay moves, tap the Refresh icon.
- Note: Relays do not update in real time. Locations need to be requested for it to populate. The location will be where the Relay is currently located. If the location map is open, the location should update automatically every minute.
- To have directions be provided in order to find the Relay, tap on the Map icon to the right of each reported location.
Did you misplace your Relay?
The Ring My Relay feature will help you locate your Relay and have it play an audible ring to help you find it. You can learn more about the Find My Relay feature here: How to Use the "Ring My Relay" Feature.
- You can also create boundaries for your Relay and be notified when it enters (exits) certain locations by creating a Geofenced area, which you can learn more about here: How to Enable Geofencing for Relay.
- There are many ways to Track Location within the Relay app, you’ll even find more helpful information by learning more here: Navigating the Relay app!