To Send a Message:
- Ensure your Relay is set to the proper chat or channel in which you want to communicate
Press and Hold the Talk button
(Upon pressing the Talk button to send your message, your Relay will make two quickly ascending tones to indicate that the outbound audio stream has been opened "doot-DOOT")
- Speak clearly into the Relay
Release the Talk button when finished
(Your Relay will make two quickly descending tones to indicate that the outbound audio stream has been closed. "DOOT-doot")
To Receive a Message:
- Ensure that Relay is turned on
- When a message is sent, it will automatically play the audio message as long as there is another Relay or Relay app connected and in the same chat you are communicating with.
FYI: Both parties will need to be in the same chat at the same time in order to actively communicate. If both parties are not on the channel, your message will now be sent and stored as a "missed message" on the device. To playback that missed message, check out these articles for further instructions! Missed Messages on Relay Device and Missed Messages on the Relay App
- Hold the Relay about 6 inches from the mouth, ensuring the speaker holes are facing you, as you may sound far away when the speaker is facing out.
- If your Relay is in a direct chat, group chat or interactive channel when a message is sent to it from the Everyone Group Chat, it will automatically switch to this chat.
- If no one in the group is online, the Relay will interrupt you and let you know this.
- If there is a problem delivering the message to the other Relays, the sender will be notified by a pair of descending notes (deeper than the "closing audio stream" tone: "DONG-dong").
Still have questions? Ask Support!
Need help with your Relay?
Chat with our support agents online or within your Relay app once you've created an account.
In the App, tap on the question mark in the upper right corner of the screen. Or, sign in here using an internet browser.
- Once signed in, a widget will appear with a friendly greeting. Here's where you can begin a conversation with us.
- Our widget will also contain information such as 'System Status', Helpful Articles, and more!